Saturday, September 17, 2011

Make Your Own Bath Paint

My little guy LOVES bath time. He is normally content to splash around with his typical bath toys, which regularly get changed out for new out for new ones. But yesterday was one of those wonderful days where he was well behaved and sweet, and I wanted to surprise him with something fun. I squirted a bunch of shaving cream into each container and then added a couple of drops of food color to each.


Next, I added a child to a bath tub and let him go wild.


I washed the paint off right after bath time and it did not stain my tub at all. I can not vouch for white tubs, as I have a yellow tub that only a true 1980's house would possess. My little guy was in love with this activity. He has asked for a repeat of it again tonight. This time we added even more colors. Plus, he got bold and decided to abandon the brush in favor of his hands. It sort of defeated the purpose of bath time, since now his hands look faintly rainbow colored, but it was so worth it.  

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do this! It sounds like your little guy had so much fun with it, I'll definitely try it out this next week. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower and am lovingyour blog! this is such a cute activity! my daughter would go nuts for this!
    http://daycaresillies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! My little one loves bathtub crayons and soap paint. We usually buy those, now we can make our own. Thank u

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun sensory activity!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like painting in the tub! My girls love it but we don;t get to do it often. I have to try this paint.

    Thanks for sharing your fun with us on the Sunday Showcase. We hope to see you link up what you've been up to this week.

    Bernhttp://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...