Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Glow Bath

 A while ago, I posted about a glowing sensory bin that I had created. The little one thought it was great, so when I came up with idea to add glow sticks to his bath tub, I suspected it would go over well. And, my oh my, did it! Throughout the course of bath time, Logan repeated, "This is so much fun!" and "Thank you so much, Mama!" probably five million times....... Okay, I'm exaggerating, but only a little bit. 


This picture doesn't really do it justice. The whole bath tub was completely glowing! I had to add more water bath tub a couple of times since the water started to get cold, and Logan did not want to get out. He spent a great deal of time "swimming" through the water and pretending he was mixing magic potions in the clear cups that I added to the tub. 

Once bath time drew to a close, I had plans to stick them in the freezer to extend the glow time for another day, but Logan had other plans for them. He put them all over his bed, and fell asleep with them. It was a great ending to a spectacular day. 

13 comments:

  1. We've done this too and my boys LOVE it just as much as your little guy did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grand-daughter loves glow sticks but I don't think we have ever thought to add them to her bath water...how much fun! Thanks for the idea! I saw your post over at "SunScholars".

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would love this! She has so much fun playing with glow sticks!

    I'd love for you to join my link party and share:
    http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/09/toddler-tuesdays-guest-post-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. My boys would feel like they were on space mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I found the 12 pack of bracelets at the Dollar Tree, so it was so cheap for so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my son will love this!! Can't wait to do it with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such am awesome idea!!! My 7-year-old would LOVE this. I'm going to surprise him with a glow stick bath this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, very creative! My kids would love this.

    www.mycakecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I MUST do this!!!! so FUN!

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcase! Looking forward to seeing what you will share this week - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea! I pinned it to my Pinterest "behavior" board because I think it will be a great solution for those nights when the children resist bath. Thanks so much.

    I found you through the Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this fantastic idea!!! I did this with my kids and they LOVED it!!! Come take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea for my husband!!I'm now following you and would love a follow back..

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVED this idea so much we had to try it out too! Here's my blog post (added a link to your post too!) http://blog.playdrhutch.com/2012/01/09/glow-in-the-dark-bath-time-fun/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...