Monday, August 6, 2012

Cloud Dough

I recently found these pictures hiding in my memory card. This activity was completed in the winter, hence the snowflake table cloth, the day that the kiddo and I mixed up a batch of cloud dough. The weather is also the reason that I did not have any baby oil, so I tried it with some left over canola oil. It seemed to just work as well, but it didn't have the same scent. This is also a good substitution if you have a kiddo that tries to eat flour the minute you blink. 

If you've never made cloud dough before, here's what you'll need:
  • Four cups of flour
  • 1/2 cup of oil
Photobucket

And that's it. I let Logan measure it all out and combine it. I add in a bunch of silicone molds and scoops and spoons.
Photobucket

Logan added in Chef Smurf.
Photobucket

Once combined, the dough is mold-able, but light and airy, just like a cloud.
Photobucket

Once we're are finished  playing with our dough for the day, I simple store it in a air tight container to pull out  at a later time. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a neat idea! Anything that keeps my daughter entertained for more than 5 minutes is considered a hit ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloud dough is so fun to play with. :) Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...