Thursday, March 31, 2011

My first attempt at learning how to coupon

If you remember from my New Year's resolutions, one thing I wanted to attempt to do is learn to live more frugally. One of the ways that I am trying to do this is by learning how to use coupons. We live near a CVS. I never shopped there, until I started looking into couponing. I was blown away with the fact that people were spending hardly anything and getting loads of goodies. So, I figured I'd give it a whirl. I used some coupons and Extra Care Bucks (which can essentially be used to buy stuff on a future trip) that I already had. This was my first buy.

I paid a total of eight dollars out of pocket, BUT I received five dollars in Extra Care Bucks back. This brings down the actual total to THREE dollars! Considering that the Dove body wash is usually around six dollars alone, this is not too bad!

P.S. Would you check out one of my kitties, Scout, in the background? I don't know if those of you who own cats have the same issue, but my cats are always sooooo nosy about everything I bring home. They rub against my shopping bags, and they have to smell every new smell that they possibly can. It's really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...