Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

Happy Earth Day! Today in honor of the fortieth anniversary of Earth Day, Bug and I made Earth Day muffins. Today we woke up a bit late and Bug had his first day of tumbling class. I knew I wanted to make blueberry muffins, but didn't have time to make them from scratch. So I opened up one of those ninety-nine cent packets with the teeny tiny blueberries and threw in a couple of handfuls of frozen blueberries.Then I added the green food coloring.

Not too much, mind you. Just about half a bottle. (Really only 10 drops).



I just wanted to make sure that the muffins turned out bright green. The idea behind it was to make it like the Earth. Blue and green. I know. Some people are out there doing amazing things to celebrate Earth Day, but here we settle with making colored muffins.




Needless to say, they were enjoyed by one and all. Bug loved them since they were his favorite color. I had two very happy boys and one happy blueberry crumb eating cat. (My other cat, Scout, would never stoop so low as to eat human food).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...