Friday, March 11, 2011

Ice painting

I did this activity many moons ago when Logan was a baby. I actually believe that it was one of his first arts and craft experiences. I decided to revisit again as the weather started turning nicer these past couple of days.

First I filled up an empty icecube tray. I used washable kid's paint in some and food coloring in others. (Just remember: that food coloring sometimes stains skin, so I wouldn't recommend you use this unless you don't mind some extra scrubbing). Then I filled it with water.

The first time around, I didn't use straws. It was a hot summer day and I wanted it to be more of a sensory experience. This time since little hands get cold, I added the straws. He still managed to find a way to get paint all over his hands.



I like this activity because it is an open ended activity.
While arts and crafts are cute, this is something that he could take and run with it if he liked.



Which he did.

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project- this would be fun to do outside on a warm summer day! I featured you in my BEST Summer activities post-- http://kirstikoo.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-summertime-activities-printables.html
    Come by and say hi! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love this idea - my little one won't touch anything cold so having the straws in makes brilliant sense. Will be trying this next week if the weather stays good

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!!!!!!! NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE..THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this idea and really all of your resources are greatly appreciated!! Winter is here in WI and ideas like this will help keep my 2 and 6 year old girls from boredom this winter break! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...